The Food Cupboard is a supportive service funded by the Algonquin Students’ Association and other community members, which recognizes the financial concerns of students and is here to make a difference. The Food Cupboard provides students who require the services with food and other basic necessities.
Hours & Location
The Food Cupboard is open Monday to Friday, 9:00am – 4:00pm and is located in C050.
Summer hours will begin the week of May 30th – Wednesday to Friday 9:00am – 4:00pm
Who Can Access the Food Cupboard?
Any current Algonquin student can access the Food Cupboard. Those who are not current students who are requesting services from the Food Cupboard, will be referred to a Food Bank in their local community.
Guidelines for use:
- Access to the food cupboard is limited to once a month and on an emergency basis. Students will be provided with a three day supply of food and necessities.
- Students will be asked to provide a valid student card upon every visit.
- Students will be required to complete an intake form for record of access. Information is for statistical purpose only and will remain confidential.
- Students are asked to bring a bag to be filled with them to the food cupboard.
- Appointments are not required. The length of time to fill orders will be dependent on the capacity of orders at that time. We aim to fill orders in a timely manner. For more information contact Skye Sullivan, Food Cupboard Coordinator, 613-727-4723 ext. 6350 email@example.com
- Referrals to other college and community support services are available through the food cupboard.
Donations that are accepted:
We are limited to foods that are pre-packaged and which have never been opened. Unopened food, hygiene and house hold items will be accepted.
We cannot accept the following:
- Food which are past the expiry date.
- Home made goods such as cookies, muffins, etc.
- Fresh meat that is not prepackaged with best before dates.
- Open containers of food (e.g. bags that have split, or partly used tins of coffee, etc.)
- Any food that you think might be of doubtful quality.
- Fresh fruit and vegetables.