SA Residence Outreach and Promotions Team Member
Algonquin College Campus, Ottawa ON
To help promote and execute a well-rounded annual program of events and services that will foster the social and cultural needs of Algonquin Residence students. Thus individual must contribute to the Students’ Association strategic vision of creating a prideful and spirited campus while upholding the professional image of the SA and respecting the impact programming, facilities, and services have on the Algonquin community.
Reporting to the Manager, Marketing & Communications, supervised by the Outreach Coordinator, the incumbent is responsible for assisting in the promotion, marketing and implementation of the Students’ Association organization to the Residence students of Algonquin College.
- Help build a brand presence on campus and foster dialogue with students.
- Attend weekly meetings, participate in discussions and help to improve promotions.
- Assist marketing, promotions, and brand interactions to increase SA event participation.
- Help with “out-of-the-box” marketing strategies to be applied on campus.
- Maintain on-going internal documentation and reports of promotional/marketing activities.
- Carry out Students’ Association campaigns and launches on campus.
- Be informed of all Students’ Association events, funding, and services.
- Available to work 1 to 2 shifts per week in the SA Residence Outreach office and as needed.
- Assist with social media campaigns. General duties as assigned.
An Ideal Promo Team Member Will:
- Live in the Algonquin College Residence building.
- Have excellent oral communication skills and is comfortable with public speaking.
- Have a strong presence/connection to the Algonquin Residence community.
- Experience acting, performing, or hosting is an asset.
- Experience in marketing, promotions, and/or customer service is an asset.
- Overall personality must be outgoing, personable, and professional.
- Committed to providing a high standard of customer service.
- Experience working in a team environment.
- Computer skills: knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Social media skills: knowledge of Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube.
Payment / Hours:
- $11.25/hr, approx. 5-7 hours a week (September to April).
Please send your Cover Letter, Resume and Class Schedule to email@example.com.
Algonquin Students’ Association
Manager of Marketing and Communication
E114 – 1385 Woodroffe Ave.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.